10.06.2006

Socktoberfest

Well, you know I'm not much of an alcohol conneiss connosseu I don't drink a lot, so I am going to party down in October and make some socks. Lollygirl is hosting, and I'm revving up the needles and hunkering down with the Tivo, and getting ready to knock off some socks.

When did you start making socks? March 2006. Has it been less than a year? It seems like forever.

Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class? I learned how to do the cuff at my not-so-local yarn shop, and learned how to do the heel and toe by watching Knitty Gritty.

What was your first pair? I never did finish the first pair sock I started. Maybe this month ...
The first pair I finished are more house socks than anything else; they're made of bulky worsted weight ACRYLIC yarn (I didn't know better).

How have they "held up" over time? I'm sure they've held up fine. Mostly because ... I can't find them.

What would you have done differently? I think I would have liked to have taken a full class on making socks. Though I do like to figure things out on my own, I could have saved myself some time and frustration by not having to muddle through the best way I could.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? I love love love Opal Rainforest. It's just because I like the patterns; they're not too regimented, but they really do look like the animals they're named after

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? I have not knit socks any way other than using dpns. I like them. They fit in a purse and they stow away easily and they don't take up a lot of room in the car.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) The heel flap is much easier. Much, much easier.

How many pairs have you made? ... um ... six.


No comments:

 

Made by Lena