4.10.2008

New Socks

Someday I will knit something other than socks. Today is not that day.



I used a new yarn for these, Plymouth Sockotta, which is 45% cotton. Cotton is hard on the hands; I developed all new callouses while knitting these, and I even had to take a couple of days off to allow my fingers to heal before I could pick up the needles again. Cotton also tends to stretch quite a bit, so I'm anxious to see if these will keep their shape for very long.

Yarn: Sockotta (45% cotton, 40% superwash wool, 15% nylon)
Pattern: 2x2 rib over 60 stitches on the foot, increased to 64 on the leg; short-row heel
Needles: US size 2

They look nice and springy, don't they? I wore them today with a green polo and khakis. One of my classes now pays a lot of attention to my feet; they have complimented me several times on my socks, though I haven't told them that I made them myself.

Full disclosure: I had to shave my legs before I took this picture.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hi!
I like your blog and would like to invite you, to join ‘Teachers Planet’: http://teachersplanet.ning.com/

It is an online community for teachers of all levels and curriculum areas.Your visit to the network will provide an opportunity for you to share your expertise with our teachers.At teachers planet you can start your own groups, start/participate in a discussion/ forum, add videos, music, RSS feeds, start blogs and do many more things.


Thank you for your time and consideration

 

Made by Lena