6.14.2007

Socks

I've finished two socks recently. Not a pair, though; two completely different socks.















Sock #1 is from yarn I've had for over a year. I think it's called Swizzle. In fact, I started a sock for the very first time using this yarn. But that start was pitiful, full of ladders and uneven stitches.

This is a standard toe-up on size 2 needles over 60 stitches with a short-rowed heel and 2x1 ribbed cuff. I tried a tubular cast-off on this one, and I don't like it.

I actually finished this next sock before the black sock.


















It's a one-off from Opal, but it doesn't have a name. Again, it's a toe-up on size 2 needles over 60 stitches, but this time I used the gusset heel that I got from Wendy's pattern. I guess it's okay; I think I started it a bit late and the sock is a teensy bit too long. Fingers crossed for the next one!


No comments:

 

Made by Lena