6.14.2007

Booking Through Thursday

from here
1. Do you cheat and peek ahead at the end of your books? Or do you resolutely read in sequence, as the author intended?
2. And, if you don’t peek, do you ever feel tempted?


1. No. Never. I can't do it, even if I really really want to know how it's going to end. And since I read a LOT of mysteries, that can be a problem.

2. No. Never. To me, there is something fundamentally wrong about skipping ahead like that. Reading a book is supposed to be an enjoyable JOURNEY; if I wanted a two second trip I'd read the Cliffs Notes.

3 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Mei, I couldn't agree more. I am NEVER tempted to look ahead. That would spoil everything for me.

Mei said...

Exactly, Cindy! I love to read and I like the experience to last as long as possible!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Yes, a journey is a good way to put it. I don't read a lot of mysteries, but sometimes I am sooo tempted to peak (my eyes sometimes betray me) that I have to cover the page I'm reading with my hand and inch down so I don't see anything giving!

 

Made by Lena