2.12.2007

Monday Loves

On Monday mornings I am dedicated to the proposition that all men are created jerks.
--H. Allen Smith, "Let the Crabgrass Grow"

Mondays stink. There's no way around it; no matter what your job is or where you are, it's twice as hard to get out of bed on Monday as it is any other day of the week.

It's easier, on Monday, to find the bad in people, or to focus on negative things. I'm not particularly happy being negative, and it takes such an emotional toll that it really does start to affect my physical well-being too.

So that's why, thanks to a post from NotScarlett, I'm going to try to write about at least one good thing every Monday. Remember, a long time ago, when Oprah did her Gratitude Journals, and then people went on her show and talked about how the GJ had changed their lives and they lost weight or got married or became millionaires, or something?

Well, I'm not looking for quite those results; I just want to get up on Mondays and have something to look forward to, and be able to go to bed without a gigantic headache.

Here is what I love on Monday, February 12:

Murder, She Wrote - I realize that it is probably a cliche for me, a single woman, to sit on the couch and knit, with the cat nearby, and watch this show, but I DON'T CARE. I love this show, even though I realize it is unrealistic. I like identifying the guest stars (Lucille Bluth has been a murder victim TWICE), and I almost never guess the murderer (which doesn't say much for my inductive reasoning skills).

Creedence Clearwater Revival's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" - For no other reason than that John Fogerty says he hoid it through the grapevine, and that is funny.

Oatmeal - Delicious and nutritious, and it is especially good when you're watching Saved by the Bell at 6:15 a.m. and it's a cool 47 degrees in the house.

Simon Pegg at the BAFTAs - Though to be fair, he's great in everything he does. But I didn't find the BAFTAs especially entertaining, except for Pegg (and Ricky Gervais, but that's a given, isn't it?).

And that's it. If I go any further, I won't have anything to love next Monday.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena