10.30.2006

In Knitting News ...

There was a package on my doorstep this afternoon!

Inside, I found this:

It's a Go Knit Pouch, just the right size for a ball of yarn and some needles. You can't tell from the picture, but it is really just the prettiest purple. It's going to come in very handy here soon, because I am fixing to make a Very Important Trip.

But that's not all:

There's also some Opal Sock Yarn (my favorite!) in some great Halloweeny/Autumny colors , and a notepad (I can never have enough of these; I am always writing notes to myself and then leaving them all over the place).

These are all from my SP9, who is awesome! ETA: Dur, I forgot to say THANK YOU SECRET PAL! I can't wait to use these!

I have been really lucky with Secret Pals, y'all. ... I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

And, because I have been watching a lot of television, I also have a finished object.

This is the One Piece Baby Sweater. It will not go to any baby, and I was just doing it for practice anyway, to see if I could. (I could.)

It's a little small, because the yarn I used (WalMart acrylic, whatever that is) is not quite worsted weight. Of course I did not check for gauge, because I never do.

But I think it's cute, and I love to look at it and think, "I did that!"

I did make a tiny modification; the pattern says to do a crochet edge, and I do NOT crochet. I don't know why I find working two needles easier than working one, but ... there you go. I picked up stitches on the front and around the collar and knit three rows, and I put in the buttonholes on those rows. There are no buttons, though.

I really do like this pattern; it's easy and it's quick, plus it's practical for a squirmy baby, I think.

I have finished some other things, but they are downstairs and I am upstairs, so I will just have to worry about them later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sweater is adorable! I'm still subconsciously working up the nerve to attempt one myself. Good job.

 

Made by Lena