5.02.2006

State Testing Hates Me

Tomorrow begins our two week period of Tests, Tests, All the Time Tests. And to kick it all off: Algebra!

I'm not proctoring tomorrow, but they've switched up our schedules to make sure everyone has his/her planning period, or something, so in addition to the normal disruption caused by the testing itself, we now have something else that will make our kids crazy. Um ... yay?

And to top it all off, the schedule change has worked out so that the class that I will have tomorrow, during the testing period, which is not timed, and will continue until the very last student has put down his pencil, is my THIRD PERIOD CLASS.

I am going to be in a room with them--and no one is allowed to leave the room, not during state assessments--for probably three-and-a-half hours. And chances are that none of those kids are in an algebra class, so they will all be there and in rare form, I'm sure.

So I guess I should focus on my next problem: How can I make The Mummy fit a unit about debate?

No comments:

 

Made by Lena