1.03.2006

I Make Excuses, and Then I Make Plans

It's very difficult for me to do just one thing at a time, so when I watch television, I also knit. This was really great around the holidays, when I watched A Christmas Story four-and-a-half times in a row and knit some presents.

Unfortunately, it's rerun season now, so it's a little harder to find time to finish up projects.

Case in point:
This is the blanket I started back in August. I had to put it aside this fall, but I would knit a row or two every couple of days, just to try to show some progress. Probably a more experienced knitter would have finished it by now, but I am pretty slow, plus ... there's nothing on tv.

This is, by far, my most ambitious project, just because of the size. It's a pretty big leap from scarves.

It looks pretty good, though, right? Well, I'm not going to show you the picture of the stitch marker I knit right into the blanket.

This is how much further I have to go before I finish; it's about 200 stitches, and there's a decrease in every row so it will end up like the point of a triangle. If I do it right, that is.

If I were really motivated, I might finish it in a weekend. Maybe if I Tivo'd CSI all week and had a marathon on Saturday ...

1 comment:

Willy C Wuddle said...

Wowsers, you sound a bit like me when I surf the internet.

 

Made by Lena