9.25.2005

Rocker Chick

This is one of my favorite pictures of myself. I think I am three in this picture, and it was taken in our trailer in Louisiana. Notice the trendy wood paneling in the background.




The rocker is the one I am going to inherit, even if I never have kids, by virtue of being the first-born. And also because I asked for it. It is older than I am by a couple months, but it is in much better condition than I am, because its joints don't squeak.

I have laughed at this picture hundreds of times, mostly because I still make this face, and often when I am in a classroom. I cannot tell you how many times I have sat down in my chair, only to have it tip back farther than I think is necessary, for goodness sake, and even though I know it's not going to happen, somehow I totally think I'm going to tip over backwards and land with my feet up in the air and my bloomers showing, like in an episode of Hee Haw.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena