9.19.2005

Monday Night Review

Tonight I watched two new shows.

First, I watched Kitchen Confidential. I will admit this is because I do love Bradley Cooper, who used to be on Alias before his character had to go into the Witness Protection Program so he wouldn't be assassinated and stuff.

I liked this show, except the part where the guy got his finger cut off and it got cooked in with some food. That is sort of a fear of mine, to find someone's appendage in my mashed potatoes.

Also, as a Friends tie-in, it had the girl who played Mona as some witchy woman who is a pain in the butt. I hate her as much on this show as I did on that show. I am all about consistency.

The second show I watched is How I Met Your Mother. I expected to like this show because it has Alyson Hannigan (Willow from Buffy), but can I just say, Doogie Howser is the best and funniest character I have seen in a while. I forget his real name, but you know who I'm talking about. Doogie. He probably hates that.

Also, it has this guy who was on Freaks and Geeks, and man, I love that show. He was into drugs on that show, but so far there is no sign of the weed on HIMYM.

There was one part where the main character goes on a first date, and when he's leaning in for a kiss, blurts out, "I think I love you." The girl starts FREAKING OUT, and at first I was like, "What is the big deal? So what?" But then I remembered when I was working my first job as a cashier at the Piggly Wiggly and this guy came into my line and I looked at him and he looked at me and he said, "You're beautiful." I was eighteen years old and I was TERRIFIED that he was going to hang around my cash register all night. Fortunately, he didn't. Also, I think he was drunk. This does not mean that I am not, in fact, beautiful though. I'm just saying.

I have never heard of the guy who plays the main character, but the secondary characters are so great I don't care.

And the best line on this show? "You go kiss the crap out of her!"

No comments:

 

Made by Lena