7.07.2010

Approved

So last time I said I didn't have anything interesting to talk about, but that isn't true anymore.

My bank has approved me for a home loan and now I am looking for a house that I can buy WITH MY OWN MONEY.

Given my credit history, my expectations were low; in fact, I only talked to the bank about a loan at my dad's request, as we had sort of set up a plan by which he would buy a house and I would rent-to-own, or something.

I dragged my feet, because who voluntarily begs for public humiliation? At best, I was expecting them to say I could borrow up to five thousand dollars at 115% interest (optimism!!).

But I talked to the loan counselor yesterday, and I am pre-approved for the amount I requested, at whatever the going interest rate is--yesterday it was 4.87%, which, when you've held credit cards at 39% (and yes, I have), seems like practically nothing.

So I am currently looking for a modest dream house that is worthy of my next thirty years.

This may the most excited/nauseated I've ever been.

3 comments:

Nacho Lover said...

Squee! Congratulations, that is so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Happy house hunting!

annkas said...

Yea! Congratulations!

 

Made by Lena