3.03.2010

Dream World

Last night I dreamt that one of my students had written something rude about me on Facebook. I actually WOKE UP in the middle of the night and thought, "YOU ARE DEAD TO ME, MISTER."

This morning, when I woke up for realsies, I was still mad at him.

(It should be noted, here, that 1. he's actually one of my favorite students, and 2. I don't stalk my students' Facebook accounts and I wouldn't care if they wrote about me, whether it's bad or good.)

I didn't see this student until last period today, but I must have had some unconscious Dream Anger recall, because I had to make a real effort not to snap at him FOR NO REASON AT ALL. I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye.

To make it worse, I started to feel guilty because I was treating him differently--even though, in this context, "differently" doesn't mean "badly," just "atypically"--and then I thought that he might think I really WAS mad at him, and then I felt bad that he might feel bad. And, I mean, it's not like I could explain, because how would THAT go? One does not try to reassure a freshman boy by starting out with, "I had this dream ..."

My problems are very weird and specific.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena