2.12.2010

More Knitting Content

This year I am trying to move beyond plain stockinette socks into more challenging knitting.

I began here:



Well, it doesn't look like much, does it? But after a warm soak and some careful blocking, it became this:



And by "this," I definitely mean "something awesome that I won't stop staring at."

Here's the best I could get at the color (at night under a dull bulb):



Details:
Pattern: Argus Shawlette, by Wendy Johnson
Yarn: Wendy Happy (another Asheville skein)
Colorway: Aquarius
Needles: US 5

It took about two weeks to complete; probably a faster or more experienced lace knitter could finish within a week. I had no problems reading the pattern, and I can only see one mistake in the finished product, though, like the Amish, I did that on purpose to remind myself that no one is perfect ... probably.

Like Wendy, I will also end with a cat picture:

Walter, not helping at all

No comments:

 

Made by Lena