Sometimes I forget just how much Christian music has improved.
Exhibit A: Sonseed's "Jesus Is My Friend."
I'd never heard of this group or this song. Fortunately, some website pointed me toward it a couple of months ago, and I am totally addicted.
Make sure you take note of these things:
1. The ladies' dresses. Those chiffon elastic-waisted things were a staple in the 1980s church pews. I was too young, of course, but I would bet one million dollars that my mother had something similar in her closet.
2. That guitarist is totally rocking out. He needs to watch out for the syncopation, or the devil's gonna get him.
3. I had those glasses in the 8th grade. They even had tinted lenses: gray at the top and rose on the bottom. That's how cool I was.
4. This guy's unfortunate placement makes him look like he's in a line-up of the usual suspects.
5. This guy is NOT HAVING IT. Rock music is bad, you guys!
6. (1:44) This is, to say the least, a questionable lyric. Every time I hear it, I do the involuntary side-eye.
7. (1:55) ZAP!