7.01.2008

More Veggie Food

The downfall of my previous vegetarian stint was caused by burgers. I LOVE HAMBURGERS. Mmmm.

So I knew that the success of this new veggie attempt would depend on my ability to come up with a reasonable facsimile of my favorite meaty meal.

Here's my second try:


That is a portobello mushroom burger.

Its positives are that it actually LOOKS like a real hamburger; also, it's all ground up and mixed together with other stuff, just like a tasty burger should be.

Its one negative is that it tastes nothing like a hamburger. It's better with the burger fixings (I used the ketchup liberally), but it's still, when you get right down to it, some smashed up mushrooms.

Tonight I had a vegan burger that I bought at the store. Now THAT was a good burger.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena