9.18.2007

Up for Air

I took a couple days off on account of I was putting a giant presentation together (Feminist Theory and Literacy Instruction, thank you) and driving around The Metropolis trying not to get shot or gang-raped or both. Also, I had had some horrible students days at school and my mom doesn't like it when I say curse words on this blog.

Merri has tagged me with a meme, which I will answer after the jump.

Here's how it works.

1. Players must list one fact, word, or tidbit that is somehow relevant to their life for each letter of their first or middle name.
2. When you are tagged you need to write your own post containing your first or middle name game facts, word, or tidbit.
3. At the end of your post choose one person for each letter of your name to tag.
4. Don’t forget to leave a comment telling them that they have been tagged, and to read your blog.
5. If I’ve tagged YOU (see below), please join in on the fun!


M is for Math-Retarded. I hate math. It stinks. And not just because I can't do it.

E is for entertaining. Because I had to give that presentation tonight (Feminist Theory and Literacy Instruction) and I KILLED. It helps that all the people in my class--including the instructor--are women. ... erm ... not that I badmouthed men or anything.

I is for intellectual. This is a fancy way of saying NERD. I do find myself saying a lot now, "I know I'm a nerd. I own it," because there's no denying it. In fact, let me tell you this story that I have been saving.

A couple weeks ago, my family got together at my parents' house. We were bored, but we didn't want to do anything.

"Wanna go to a movie?"
"No."
"Wanna play a game?"
"No."
"Wanna take a walk?"
"No."

And so on. So then we made up a game that is not really a game at all, more like a contest of nerdiness intellectuallism. We each asked a trivia question, mostly about history.

I only remember mine:
What liquor manufacturer cannot sell its products in its hometown, because it's in dry county? answer

(this question stumped everyone; I'm pretty sure that means I won, even though technically we weren't playing a game)
Who was the first European child born in America? answer

Now I'm supposed to tag someone else, only I can't think of anyone whose name starts with M, E, or I. So just pretend yours does, and take this meme to your blog.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena