6.30.2006

Eye - yi-yi

A trip to the optometrist often takes about thirty minutes. For me, it's an all day affair.

Yesterday was my six month checkup; because my eyesight is so bad, I have to get my pupils dilated EVERY SINGLE TIME. That is so inconvenient, because I can't focus properly, which means I can't read, and that is almost like dying.

Here are my normal eyes:





Here are my dilated eyes:
They look brown, right? If you look closely, you can see a teeny tiny halo of blue on my right eye.


The last time I went to the eye doctor, I locked myself out of the house. I had to go across the street to the corner grocery store and ask to use the phone. I was maybe babbling like a crazy person, and my pupils were superhuge, so I'm pretty sure the clerk thought I was high. Also, I couldn't read the numbers on the phone, so I had to dial by touch, and I think that girl was fixing to call the cops on me.

The pupils are supposed to return to their normal size in three to six hours. Here I am fully EIGHT HOURS after I got home:




And so, Mr. Principal, that is why I have to take an entire day off work to see the eye doctor.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena