11.07.2005

More TV ...

I know I watch too much television, but the life of a Cat-having Spinster Lady can be ... you know. Dull.

So here's is my favorite part from tonight's episode of How I Met Your Mother.

I should say here that Jason Segel, who played Neil in Freaks and Geeks (which was and IS one of the best television shows OF ALL TIME, even though it was only one season long), is one of the leads, and I loved him then and I love him now. I don't even know his name on this show; he is Neil, and that's that.

In this episode, [Neil] and his fiancee Lily discover this mutant creature that is half mouse, half cockroach. Which, ew! Cockroaches are gross anyhow, but mice are freaky because they have those weird disgusting tails and also HANDS LIKE A HUMAN (which is why I also cannot look at possums [the tail] and raccoons [the hands]). It's just too ... <weird dance of being freaked out>.

[Neil], talking to Robin --

[Neil]: So you really don't believe in the cockamouse?
Robin: Well, I believe that you saw something perfectly normanl, but you've exaggerated it in your mind ... you know, like the Loch Ness Monster.
[Neil] and Lily: gasps of shock
[Neil]: If by "like the Loch Ness Monster," you mean totally exists and is AWESOME, then yeah, it's like the Loch Ness Monster!

The reason I love that line? Because of [Neil]'s use and inflection of the words totally and awesome, which are identical to my way of speaking EACH AND EVERY DAY.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena