10.06.2005

I've Got Spirit, Yes I Do!

It's Homecoming Week at Random High School. Every day has a dress code: Monday was College Day, Tuesday was Tacky Day, Wednesday was Decades Day, today is Class Color Day, and tomorrow is School Colors Day.

It's weird being a teacher during Homecoming, because I'm never quite sure what's appropriate for me to do. Like, do I dress up according to the day? Or do I dress like I normally do? Some teachers use this week as an opportunity to wear jeans every day, but they don't participate in the festivities themselves. Now, me? I have the same issues I did when I was a student, namely, what if I dress up for Tacky Day and it's really Class Color Day? Then won't I look a fool?

Also, given the things I actually DID wear in my youth, I feel that I have had enough Tacky Days.

So on Tuesday, I wore a skirt and blouse, both of which matched, and I looked very professional. And old; I looked OLD. Like, thirty.

As we go through the various activities of Homecoming, I cannot help but think of my senior year (c/o '93 rulz! hee). As I was cleaning, I unearthed my Senior Memory Book, and I am posting here a picture of some friends and me on Tacky Day.




That's me, in the back, and do you see how tacky I am?

I AM WEARING A PINK BANDANA AND NEON GREEN EARRINGS!!!!!
THAT IS VERY VERY TACKY!!!!!
I AM PROBABLY THE MOST TACKILY DRESSED PERSON IN THIS PICTURE!!!!!



Eh, I guess it depends on your definition.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena