7.20.2005

Ich hasse diesen Ruck* David Madden

GAH! ELLYN! NO!

Oh, it looked like today would be das Ende, the glorious day when FINALLY David Madden would get his hinterbacken kicked clean off of Jeopardy.

It was not to be. Verflucht!

Oh but victory was so close! I could taste it! I could smell it! I had my gloat all ready to go!

So what happened? THE FINAL JEOPARDY CLUE INVOLVED A TITLE WRITTEN IN DEUTSCHE! Yeah, that's right! Those GENIUS writers gave some freaking GERMAN words when there is a contestant who LIVES IN GERMANY on the show!

NO I WILL NOT BE RATIONAL!!!!

I will NOT admit that Beethoven's Ninth is well-known by many nonGerman speakers. I will NOT concede that even Ellyn knew what the answer was, even though she named a portion of the symphony and not the whole thing! And I will NOT presume that all clues are chosen randomly, with no consideration given to who the contestants are or where they live!

I WON'T! I WON'T! I WON'T!

I will, however, giggle a little that Oscar got both Daily Doubles during Double Jeopardy, and I will also note that Alex looked böse when he closed the show. "Dear Lord," he was thinking, "Haben Sie Gnade! How much longer, Lord?"

And also: I take it back. I would NOT date David Madden.

No amount of money in the WORLD could convince me that he wouldn't take me to the most pretentiously expensive restaurant on our date and proceed to bore me to tears by talking about how wunderbar he is, and how he bakes cookies and lives in Berlin and went to Drama Camp (which? hee!!) with Emmy Rossum.

NO. AMOUNT. OF. MONEY.

Not even money that is won on my favorite gameshow ever.

NIEMAND.


*All German words in this post were translated from English by PROMT-Online. I don't know if the idiomatic uses are correct, but you get the picture.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena