7.12.2005

Coming Soon

In a couple weeks, I'm gonna have to stop living a life of leisure.

In a couple weeks, I will have to wear shoes EVERY DAY.

In a couple weeks, I will have to relearn how to write, because I have done precious little actual hand writing for two months.

In a couple weeks, I will be reading textbooks and worksheets instead of trashy novels.

In a couple weeks, I will be enslaved by the alarm clock.

In a couple weeks, I will not be watching Oprah right at 4:00.

In a couple weeks, I will not have the liberty of taking a nap every two hours, like my cat Lulu does.

In a couple weeks, my Tivo will be completely filled up since I will have no time to clear it out.

In a couple weeks, I will have to take five minute showers, instead of standing under the showerhead until the water runs cold.

In a couple weeks, I will have to go to bed at a decent hour every night.

In a couple weeks, I will have to memorize over 150 names and faces, instead of my weekly television schedule.

In a couple weeks, I will have to make sure I have clean clothes to wear, because I can't wait around for the laundry to be done.

In a couple weeks, I'm gonna have to take my ADHD meds on a regular basis.

In a couple weeks, I will be fighting traffic and yelling at kids to cross the street faster.

In a couple weeks, I will be telling people who think twenty is ancient that I am THIRTY.

In a couple weeks, singing Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me" at the top of my lungs will be totally inappropriate.

In a couple weeks, I will have to put on a smile and act happy even when I have a headache.

In a couple weeks, I will be representing Random High School, and will have to act accordingly.

In a couple weeks, I cannot leave the house wearing the same shirt I wore yesterday.

In a couple weeks, my life--as I have come to live it for the past two months--will be turned completely upside down.

In a couple weeks, I will be IN CHARGE, and that is scary.

I can hardly wait.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena